Just Another Mountain

This is another scene from my summer vacations, the same stormy evening from which I already posted another image. I don’t know what really attracts me here, as it’s just … another mountain.

I think it’s the robust shape of this peak, which gets hit by just a tad of light and really stands out in this otherwise dark scene. It’s as if this it stands tall and strong, not being afraid of the dark.

Fujifilm X-T4
Fujinon 70-300 @ 84mm f/9
ISO 500
1/350 s

1 Like

Yeah, this is sort of just another mountain. But I agree with your analysis about why this works as a main subject, I get the same impression. It is like a beacon of light in the darkness. In terms of suggestions, I would add some more mid-tone contrast to add texture in the sky, and slightly increase the brightness of the mountain top. Here is a rework with my tweaks.

1 Like

Hi @Ed_McGuirk , thanks for your feedback. I have tried versions with more light on the mountain an mid-tones very similar to your take, but settled for smth that is closer to what I saw that day, and transpires that feeling of darkness.

I think it’s lovely! And not just another mountain. Each one is unique in it’s own way! I love the stormy, foreboding, climb me if you dare look! Nice capture!

thank you @Vanessa_Hill for your comments… everything is subjective, that mountain is definitely unique to me too, besides the title :slight_smile: