Just joined as a member. Hello!

Hi there! I’m new and looking forward to being a part of this community. Here’s an image from earlier in the year. My title for this one is “Support System”. It’s based on the fairly recent science of how mother trees will support the young. Maybe a good metaphor for what I imagine this group can provide. Anyways, excited explore this community!

7 Likes

Welcome Matt! LOVE this picture, so I’m looking forward to your participation! I’m sporadic in my ability to wade into the fray here, but have gained so much over the years from NPN and hope you do too

1 Like

Thanks so much, John. Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Gorgeous first post, Matt! Welcome to NPN! This is a great site for getting honest feedback about your work. And everyone can benefit from your thoughts and feedback as well! See you around and hope to see more snowy scenes!

1 Like

Thanks, Vanessa! Happy to be here. Yes, I’ve been browsing the site a bit and love what I see. I’m for sure excited about the critiques so you’ll see me in there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to NPN, Matt. This is an excellent first post. Wonderful composition and lighting. Looking forward to more of your work here.

Cheers,
David

Thanks, David. It’s definitely one of my favorite recent images. I appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

Hi Matt! I really like your first post! Very nice winter forest scene. Well done! I look forward to your future participation.

1 Like

Nice winter scene and SS to capture the streaking snow…
I think it could use a tad more at the bottom, it feels tight.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment, Steve!

Thanks for the feedback, Dan. It’s possible the bottom of the frame was messier and I cropped in to not include any distractions as that’s often the story in the forest.

Welcome, Matt! You’ll feel right at home here, I’m certain. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful image with your intro post.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Welcome to NPN Matt! Glad you are here. Wonderful intro and image you shared.

1 Like

Thanks so much, Alfredo!

Welcome to NPN Matt. Awesome first image. That’s a serious snowstorm and a great composition. Love the title too. Looking forward to more of your images and participation, Matt. Jump right in.

1 Like

Such a lovely shot and introduction. So delicate and poetic. Welcome here and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

1 Like

Welcome Matt! What a great first posting, it is so full of feeling. I especially like the muted colors. One idea could be to crop some more on the sides arriving at a square crop (if possible), which IMO would harmonize with the feeling of your image.

1 Like

Welcome aboard and I hope you’ve found your new photography home. Odd to see winter now, but I like the shot. Looking forward to more images and conversation.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN, Matt! I absolutely love the photo you shared. The composition is fantastic and I love the feel of a snowy winter day. I hope you benefit from the NPN community as much as I have throughout my time as a nature photographer.

1 Like