Just Passing By + Rework

REWORK:

ORIGINAL:

There’s almost always lovely forest reflections on Lewiston Lake in Trinity County. The ducks made for an interesting disturbance.

What technical feedback would you like if any? What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any comments welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

a7r3, 150mm, f/16, 1/100s, ISO 400

Bonnie: I really like this, especially the implied motion of the ducks. The bright bottom does pull my eye away from the action some so I cropped a lot of it away. Not sure its better but different. Back to you. >=))>

I like both the original and the crop and wonder how it might look less cropped and with the sky reflection burned darker. Might be a candidate for experiment with the new color wheels and fine tune sliders just added to LrC.

Bonnie, I’m loving the duck wakes in the nice green reflection. Another option would be burning-in the sky reflection, since I like the bits of wake ripple coming in from the llc. This is fun to view

Thanks @Bill_Fach, @Richard_Handler and @Mark_Seaver for your critiques. I took a stab at evening out the exposure, bringing down the sky and bringing up the forest. I’ll post the rework up above. I do like the more even exposure, but I think my sky darkening needs some work still.

Bonnie, I think the redone sky reflection looks good. I do prefer the extra contrast and darkness in the trees of the original. In the long run, the goal is to please yourself, not us critics.

1 Like