Juvenile red breasted nuthatch on duct taped perch

Pretty cute when they are puffed up like this.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: iso-500, D 500, 500 mm PF with 1.4 extender,f8, 1000th, handheld, no flash, around 50% of full frame

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Love this little cutie. That pose and expression has attitude. Great detail in the bird. What is he sitting on?

Adorable little fellow David. Love the green oof BG, really helps to bring focus to the bird.

A pvc pipe covered in faded camo duct tape…

Hi David,

This one is a cutie. Good detail and the feathers are quite fuzzy at this stage of life. My guess is that this one wanted to join you in the blind. Well done…Jim

This is so cool, David. The fledgling gave you a great pose and is the epitome of cute. Did you camo duct tape fade that much, or did you go to black and white? I used it on one of my perches and it’s turned shades of blue. While they’re messier, I prefer camo spray paints for durability.

Yeah, the camo spray paint is a good idea. Thie duct tape is about a year old…

Very cute capture of Mr. Fluffy. Good critical focus on the eye. One of my favorite birds.