Juxtaposition- little red boat

Not sure if this qualifies as a small thing. I thought it might be a candidate for the weekly challenge.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I liked the contrast of large vs small (or juxtaposition) . I thought the light was hitting the mountain range well and was a good contrast between shadow and light. I exaggerated the light around the boat so as to identify it a little better. This shot is from July 2022 at Lake Louise , AB. the colour of the water is due to rock flour carried in the glacial melt that trickles down to the lake. The sun reflects off these particles, refracting blue and green wavelengths of light.

Technical Details

This was shot on an iPhone 11 . I’ll get the EXIF and add to this submission.

Duncan, it’s good to have you joining the Weekly Challenge. However, the description of this week’s challenge includes says that the long axis needs to be less than about 21 feet, so this peaceful scene doesn’t qualify. It is a very pleasant and inviting scene.

1 Like