Lavender Mountain

Mount Hood from a lavender field. Single exposure, no focus stacking. Taken post sunset in subdued light and no breeze.
D810 - 24-85 f/3.5
2.5’ - f/16 - 800 Iso

Looking forward to participating more here at NPN.

3 Likes

Just a sublime image. The lavender tones carry through to Mt. Hood. The comp with the old building in the center just works for me. Nicely done.

1 Like

I also really like how you have the same or similar colour in the lavender as well as the mountain. Really nice image!

1 Like

Gary, this is gorgeous, as Keith mentioned I love repetition of the magenta/lavender colors in the mountains. The sense of depth here is just tremendous. The starburst from the light is a small but very nice touch as well. Great work!!!

1 Like

The rows of lavender make perfect lead in lines for this lovely scene, Gary. The lighting is gorgeous and I like the way the warm tones on Mt Hood compliment those of the lavender. I also like that little starburst on the lamp post.

1 Like

Hi Keith. Thank you. I appreciate your compliment. :slight_smile:

Just between sunset and blue hour. It didn’t take much coaxing. :slight_smile: Thank you.

Hello Ed. Thank you.

Thank you Ed. This is a simple yet solid scene. It makes my job a lot easier to find obvious comps such as this. :wink:

Gorgeous piece of work, Gary!

1 Like

I am not sure where you found this and I live in Portland…
Just an excellent view, light and processing.

1 Like

Thank you Dave. I appreciate that.

I get around Dan. :wink: