Lazy Bee update

Been out of the loop this month but getting back on track with life. I liked how the bee landed with the curve of the flower. I used my 90D with the 180 macro at 1/1000 at f/11 iso 1000, no flash. Could have been on the Gimbal but do not recall. I used Luninar 4 on this one which helped the contrast and details. I also edit in Photoshop as a smart object from Lightroom Classic so when using a filter I can make adjustments with the mask created in the smart filter.

Comments welcome

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Dean, this is an excellent look at this bee. Love the color of the flower too. You have a nice background that makes the bee nd the flower stand out nicely. I’m not seeing a benefit with the bottom right part of the image though. If this was mine, I think I would crop it in quite a bit, to about mid way of the flower from the bottom, removing that brownish out of focus clump, and crop in from the right some as well to off center it. You really nailed the details in this bee really nicely. Great shot.

Dean: My thoughts pretty much echo Shirley with regard to cropping but this is a fine capture. I’ve just started dabbling with Luminar 4 and find it quite interesting. Your bee shots just keep getting better. >=))>

Hi Dean, lovely bee captured very well. Love the subtle purple of the flower. I agree with the cropping suggestions mentioned above.

Dean, this is a fine catch on the bee and flower. I like the “angled in from the lower right” view, although the one bit sticking distracts from that sense of movement. The very bright spot on the bee’s hind leg is also a bit distracting, some burning in might solve that.

Thanks Mark, Aleen, Bill and Shirley. Made some adjustments as suggested

Dean: Exceptionally good work on the repost. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Very nice, Dean. I like what you did to it. Repost is much better, I think. :+1: :+1: