Little Boathouse at Lake Obersee

Obersee is a small lake at the head of Königssee, Bavaria. It has no direct tributary thus the surface is very quiet, almost like a mirror reflecting the surrounding mountains.

Specific Feedback Requested

I am mainly interested in critique regarding the composition and lighting of the scene

Technical Details

1 Like

Torsten, this is a sensational image. The composition is wonderful with strong lines drawing my eye into the scene. The clear water in the foreground is a bit deceptive in a really good way. Finally the background is very strong and gives this a sense of place. Well done.

FYI, this might have been a candidate for the non-nature category rather than landscape…it’s clearly a landscape image, but the main subject is human-made. It’s sometimes not clear where to post, so we’ll leave it here. It’s such a wonderful scene.

Hello David,

Thanks a lot for Your remarks. I really do appreciate Your review.

Best regards

Torsten

I like the lead in using the boardwalk. Since the highlights in the sky are blown, might I suggest a crop from the top. The crop would put more focus of the boat house and light on the mountain.

1 Like

Hello Eva,

thanks a lot for your comment and suggestion. They are most welcome.

Best regards

Torsten

This looks like an interesting place to visit. I think the image makes you want to go there.