Look up!

After traveling in the Republic of Georgia where nearly every home has a grape arbor, I planted one to provide both juice and shade. In the early spring before the leaves unfurl, I sometime also put up a fabric sunshade and the grapes grow on top of it. I think the two together make a fascinating abstract.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Sony 6000, 1/250, F/7.1, 80mm, ISO100 with adjustments to tone curves in LR

1 Like

Hi John,
I agree with your interpretation here. I like the “shooting through a screen” effect and the fact that the subject consequently looks like shadows on the screen rather than grapevines more literally depicted. The effect here reminds of your recent post of a sharply focused linear spider web with colorful bokeh. I see a body of work taking shape, perhaps, of things or colors shot through another subject. Those layers add a kind of figure/ground play for the eye to consider. We move deeper into and back out of the depths as we consider the background and foreground elements. I like this idea a lot.
ML

Really nice patterns and perspective John! The bottom right corner feels a bit heavy to me with the dark shadows. I like the lighter parts surrounding the leaves.