Los Angeles coast after winter storm

region_southern-california
Los Angeles coast after winter storm

(Carlos Cuervo) #1

This is a shot I took after the last storms we are having in the LA area. I love the rugged rocky coast of the Palos Verdes peninsula and is where I go to shoot seascapes. The light that evening was very good but because I was shooting towards the sun the dynamic range of the image was too high for the camera to capture. For this shot I took 2 exposures, one for the highlights and one for the shadow. I blended both with luminosity masks.

Shot with Sony A7r3 , 16-35 F2.8 sony lens. ISO 100

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.

(Dave Dillemuth) #2

The is gorgeous, Carlos. Great light and those birds provide needed scale. Fine work!

(Carlos Cuervo) #3

I am glad you like it. The light was so good that day. Those birds are always hanging out at that rock every sunset and they leave as soon the sun goes down:)

(Anil Rao) #4

A lovely image Carlos. Those rocks are massive indeed. You had a beautiful sky that evening as can be seen in this picture.

Look forward to seeing more of your work here on NPN.

(Ed McGuirk) #5

Carlos, you had spectacular light and conditions, and you did a great job with your processing to make the most of these conditions. The birds are a great way to add scale, and emphasize the huge size of these rocks. Hope to see more of your work at NPN.

(Carlos Cuervo) #6

I really appreciate it. I love what you guys are doing here. A lot of insightful critiques.

Thanks again

Back
Forward