Lupine ICM

Description:

Here is an ICM image of wild lupines taken in Sugar Hill New Hampshire. These lupines are quite large (about 3 feet tall), so I though they would work well as an ICM image. I especially like how the dark stalks of the lupines retained some definition, which helps structure the image a bit.

Specific Feedback Requested:

any critique or comments are welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
No

2 Likes

Beautiful. There are some many things this could be if one uses their imagination.

The lupines are especially suited for the vertical movement. Did you go up, or down?

I wouldn’t change a thing, other than - this isn’t a change - keep pushing the envelop and breaking the rules. Looking forward to more.

Namaste

Namaste

Beautiful image, Ed! I really love ICM. I love the purple against the green.

This is quite nice, Ed. A pleasing color palette and a very impressionistic abstract work. The “squiggles” give the impression of brush strokes. The stalks/stems do provide a solid structure and I like the room at the top and the separation of the different flowers . Maybe some brighter white highlights. Well done.

This is really great Ed, the colors together are nice, I enjoy the squggles as @Stephen_Stanton mentioned as they reminded me of brush strokes as well. What jumps out most to me is the repetition of triangles, it’s like everywhere I look I can make a triangle out of what I’m seeing! My only nitpick would be the right hand side gets a little compact and the flowers become less defined. There is less space between the flowers when compared to the left, Made me wonder if there was a square crop in there somewhere. I love it though!

I love this one, Ed. The amount of motion is just right, the colors are great, and there’s enough detail that I know what the image is. I also quite like the repetition of light to dark gradients in the background grass and the flowers themselves.

Ed this is just fine. I love the color scheme. And just enough ICM to make it abstract, while still identifiable.

I’ve never had good luck with ICM…would be nice to have a “learning” seminar/webinar about how to do it…

@David_Bostock @Craig_Moreau @David_Wallace @Stephen_Stanton @Vanessa_Hill @paul_g_wiegman

thank you all for your comments, i appreciate he input.

My only advice is to find a dense/compact/colorful subject, and then take dozens and dozens of shots, of which you will come away with a handful of good ones. This is one of those things were the keeper rate is low, and you just have to fire away.

I am a big fan of triangle shapes, they are very powerful visually. Thanks for noticing

Paul, I moved up on this one. You can tell from the very tips of the lupines, they are somewhat sharper on the bottom of the tip, and get more diffuse as they go up. I held still for split second at the start of the exposure and then panned up handheld.

1 Like

Ed: One of my favorite flowers and so nicely captured here. Beautifully done. >=))>

Ed;

I’m still enjoying that image.

Namaste