Male Bullock's

We rarely see bullock’s orioles here at our house but we had the good fortune to have 2 males and one juvenile come in to our hummer feeder and birdbath. Here’s a shot I snagged of one of the males doing a pretty good hummingbird imitation.

Specific Feedback Requested

It was in full shade so this was about all I could do to light him up in photoshop. Does it work a little dark like this?

Technical Details

D500, Nikon 200-500 lense, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod, 1/640th, f 8.0, 900mm, ISO 6400, AI Clear

The bird looks fine to me, Dave. I don’t see any need to go brighter. I do think a touch more canvas on the left would be helpful. It feels a bit tight on that side to me.

Hi Dave! I agree with Dennis - it looks good as is. No need to lighten any further. I also agree it would be nice to have a bit more room on the left, but it is nice as is too.

Nice photo! Perhaps your concern about the lighting is that the bottle part of the bird feeder seems quite bright compared with the bird. You might want to try darkening it a bit and see what you think. Otherwise, I agree with the other posts.