Male Eastern Bluebird with Dragonfly

Similar set up to my post of the female, here is a male bluebird bringing a dragonfly to the chicks this past spring.

Canon 7d2, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x TC III, tripod
ISO 400, f10, 1/500s

Any comments appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

As good as it gets. Wonderful processing and the background is spot on. If you are one who doesn’t mind removing something from photos, the branch protuberance on left could be cloned out. Draws attention a little.

Excellent, Allen. I agree with Jim that the branch stub could go. Nice lichen on the perch.

This is very nice! I like the pose, the perch, and the insect in the mouth is the candle on the cake. I could also see cloning the little protuberance on the perch.

Allen: this is an absolutely wonderful capture. The subject and prey are in sharp focus and are placed against a clean, oof background. Excellent! Richard

Perfect exposure. Very sharp all over, including the prey. Nice perch (I’d probably clone the knob there), and there are some subtle variations in the BG. Not much to improve on. If I were to look for something, I’d probably clone the dragonfly leg(?) that seems to run into the bird’s eye.