Manasquan Dawn

Since early spring I have been patiently waiting for the right conditions to return to this unusual location. Neither the weather nor my full time gig yielded the opportunity until this morning. I’m glad to add this to my minimalist landscape collection.

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D810 with a Nikon 24-120 f/4 lens. Manfrotto tripod with RRS ball head. Long 90+ second exposure. Minimal post processing.
(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Marc, this one was definitely worth your efforts. I can see why you want this in your minimalist portfolio…beautiful work !

Marc, I love golden hour calm water reflections, and you got gobs of them into a single capture. I’ve attempted this by canoe, and it’s no picnic! In yours a tough thing to avoid overlaps, and having a sweet range of sizes intermixed without them is admirable. RBeautiful and 4delicate care in getting it framed so well without overlaps, excellent exposure, dead on level horizon, pleasing down-framing to showcase the reflections. Absolutely no nits from me.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Photographers often talk about patience while waiting on the scene. I had to be patient for circumstances to allow me to get to the scene. This one was worth the wait. It was a gorgeous, memorable morning.

Beautiful image, thanks for sharing it.

Very cool! Really enjoying the bottom half of the shot. Square crop is really neat.

aF