Marl Pennant Dragonfly

Seen on Sanibel Island recently.

Canon 90D, 300mm f4L IS, 1.4x TC II
ISO 400, f16, 1/200s, hand held

Any comments appreciated.

1 Like

Great capture Allen. I love the detail in the wings, the color of background and the OOF. Nice job.

Allen, this is a great capture of this DF. Nice details in the wings, and body, but a nice out of focus background to make him stand out nicely. Looking forward to our DF’s returning soon.

Allen: Superb portrait and really nice management of the strong light. Terrific capture.>=))>

Well done Allen. A really nice shot. Lovely bg, nice parallel pose and dof captures the df nicely.
I’ll look up the dof but HH looks pretty impressive to me.

He’s a beauty, Allen. The details are great and the background sets him off well.

Hi Allen,

I know Spring has arrived when odonate photos start showing up on NPN. Very nice and the highlights are reasonable for the lighting. Excellent details and the dragonfly is sharp from head to tail. Well done…Jim

Amazing details in this photo Allen. The details, color, and sharpness is amazing. The background color was perfect as well. The detail on the dragonfly is one of the best I have seen. I am amazing you pulled it off hand held at 1/200.