Masks! Masks? We don't need no stinkin' masks! & RP

In you face…

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:iso 640, 100-400 at 335 mm, f5.6, 1250th, harsh light, less than 10 feet away, A7R4, 30% of full frame.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

An awesome pose, David, with the focus right where you want it and the depth of field covering beak tip to back of head. Oddly, I like the preview image better than the full size one here. In the full size one, the plumage in the head is starting to look grainy and in the shoulders where it’s just starting to go out of focus it has a smeary look. You didn’t mention your processing methods, but you might try backing off on the sharpening a bit and maybe bringing down the highlights a tad more. The pose and expression here are worth quite a bit of work to get this perfect.

Repost

See what you think. Only 1% sharpening in both original and RP. I think I tamed the highlights.

This looks better, David. When this social distancing thing is over, we need to get together on processing. It’s interesting how many different methods there are and how different looking the results can be using different software that all purports to do the same thing.