Misty Morning Crawford Notch

Autumn 2018 in New England was exceptionally rainy and windy. In the month of October, we had rain on 22 out of 31 days, which was a record. I spent a week in northeast Vermont, and had rain for 5 out of 7 days, and barely saw the sun. My last morning of the trip, I left Vermont at 5:00 am and on my way home I stopped in Crawford Notch New Hampshire for sunrise. Finally, a sunrise with some sun, and a little mist in the valley didn’t hurt either !!!

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.

Sounds like my trip to Acadia, Ed.:smiley: My wife always tells me that the sun always comes out on the day we are leaving. I am enjoying the way you put this together with the various layers starting with the evergreens, then the mist, sunlit hillside with the autumn foliage, then the shaded area, topped off with the cloud laden sky. Looks like the perfect way to end your trip IMO.

Not your usual sort of layers, but layers they are, and used to good effect. Your text reminds me why I tend to have many late-day images and relatively few sunrise ones :face_with_raised_eyebrow: