Moab (Arches & Canyonlands): A Sheography™ Women’s Photography Workshop
March 16-20, 2019
Limited to 10 women - SOLD OUT - Please email Colleen for waitlist.
Learn more at http://cms-photo.com/Workshops/2019MoabWPR.html
Calling all the ladies! Since 2011, Colleen’s all-women’s workshops have helped inspire photographic growth, personal development, wanderlust, and life-long friendships. And Sheography™ aims to continue that, to help women of all ages, backgrounds, and photographic skill become “the woman you were meant to be through the art of photography and adventure.”
Join Colleen and other Sheographers™ for an exciting women’s-only photography adventure based out of Moab, where we’ll explore photography, creativity, and life in not one, but two of Utah’s most beautiful national parks: Arches and Canyonlands. Awe-inspiring arches, soaring spires, and breathtaking vistas await!
The workshop will start with introductions and a casual welcome dinner. On Monday morning through Wednesday morning, we’ll put our photography skills and workshop learnings in inspiring field locations like Broken Arch, Courthouse Towers, the Windows section, Green River Overlook, and other lesser-known locations.
Attendees will have ample opportunity to ask questions, experiment, and get immediate feedback through a blend of field-based, classroom, and image review sessions. In an learning-intensive, supportive, and all-women’s group, where pushing ourselves to try new things will be encouraged, attendees will learn how to:
- Incorporate the creative process into your photography to make unique and meaningful images
- Connect more deeply with Arches and Canyonlands national parks’ grand and intimate landscapes through mindful observations
- Tap into visualization, visual language/composition, and lighting techniques to create unique and emotional visual expressions
- Technically translate what you know, see, and feel into an effective photograph using exposure controls, depth of field, filters, etc.
And you’ll have a blast doing so!
NOTE: Due to overcrowding at Delicate Arch at sunset and Mesa Arch at sunrise, our group will not be visiting either of these locations during the workshop. If photographing these iconic spots is important to you, please plan on adding additional time before or after the workshop to do so on your own.
Best suited for active, sure-footed participants who are capable of hiking up to two-miles roundtrip on uneven, rocky, or sandy uphill terrain while carrying their gear.
- Four (4) nights lodging at the Moab Valley Inn from Saturday, March 16 until Wednesday, March 20 (double-occupancy; limited single occupancy available upon request for an additional $300–please request early!)
- Welcome dinner & drinks on March 16
- Light breakfast snacks on March 17-20
- Continental breakfasts from March 17-20 (provided by the Moab Valley Inn)
- Photography instruction (classroom, field, critiques) and handouts
- Arches and Canyonlands national parks CUA permits & park entrance fees
- An invitation to join the closed “CMS Photography: Workshop Alumni Forum” Facebook group
- Sheography™ swag!
- Transportation to/from/during the workshop (carpooling will be encouraged due to permit restrictions)
- Participant lunches and dinners on March 17-20
- Trip insurance
This workshop is sold out. To get on the waitlist, please email Colleen.
All cancellations must be provided in writing. Cancellations made:
- > 90 days prior to the workshop start date: A full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee, will be granted
- 89-61 days prior to the workshop start date: A full refund, minus the full deposit paid will be granted
- < 60 days prior to the workshop start date: No refunds will be issued.
If the vacated spot happens to fill prior to the workshop at any time, then a full refund, including the balance paid and the deposit minus a $50 administrative fee, will be granted.
There are no exceptions to this policy. CMS Photography strongly encourages you to purchase trip insurance to protect yourself in the event of unexpected circumstances preventing you from attending our workshops.