Model on the Salt Flats

What technical feedback would you like if any? Anything to help make my learning easier

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Anything to help make my learning easier

Any pertinent technical details: Really smoky day on the Flats. First time shooting model artistically. f3.5 - 1/2000 - 64 iso

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Kory. This is a really cool image. However, the Human and Fauna is for non-human fauna, so I’ll be moving it to the non-nature category. I know the categories are a little arbitrary in this respect.

1 Like

Compositionally, this is very cool. And I don’t know how you got the tulle veil to do that, but it’s great. Exposure is spot on. And I love the monochromatic palette.

What feels odd to me, though, is the model’s expression and static pose. With that head dress and outfit, I’m expecting her to be more of a bad ass. Instead, she looks rather pleasant. Perhaps if she’d been crouching down a bit, with her arms extended more, hands posed like claws - that sort of thing. At any rate, it’s certainly striking.

1 Like

My first impression was, from a technical viewpoint, how spot on this is. Something, however, bothered me, but I couldn’t quite identify it until Bonnie commented. “Static pose” is the answer. Bonnie thinks she looks pleasant, but my impression is the model appears to be a bit nonchalant; not in character. Technically a wonderful image, but next time, if you are allowed to, encourage the model to get into the character.