Morman Row GTNP

It’s been 9 years since I last was a member of NPN and

I just wanted to say it’s great being back! I hope to reconnect with a lot of old friends from the Old Colorado Nature Photographers Network group. This is from a trip I made to the Grand Tetons that had to be cut short due to a vehicle issue.

Nikon D7100. Nikkor 18-140mm @ 18mm. f/22 0.4" iso 100 CPL, 4 stop ND Grad, Tripod mounted, Full Matrix Metering Manual Metering and Focus, Cable released

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

1 Like

First of all, welcome back to NPN, James. I wasn’t aware there was an NPN 9 years ago, so missed being a part of that group. I do hope you are just as satisfied today with the “new NPN site” . I know I sure have enjoyed being a part of this site.

Love the image of the Mormon Row Barn. I was blessed to see it about 6 years ago, but traveling with my husband and another couple made it difficult to take advantage of sweet light, spend time there, etc. Just glad I got to see it in person. A beautiful place, and you really captured it ever so nicely. It makes me want to go back. Again, welcome back to NPN!

Gorgeous image James! I love the leading line the foreground fall leaves make and not sure I would have seen this and instead gone for the “straight up” image of just the barn and mountains. Well done!!!

This image speaks to me because it is not an iconic shot of the Tetons that one often expects to see.
You did a great job of seeing here and capturing a detailed beauty.