"morning walk"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All commentary is welcome & valued

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All commentary is welcome & valued

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

1/40 sec @ f/20, 24mm, ISO 200

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Over all I like the image. The flowers give a good foreground element, a nice leading line leading to some nice color in the sky. I did try covering the lower part of the stream so that it did not start until just above the flowers. I liked that a little better so the flowers became the sole focus of the bottom of the image. But I don’t know how you could have executed the image.

I like this photo so much Doug, because it is a re-assurance that spring really is here. I also like how the spring creates a leading line into the sky. And the sky is such a very nice soft gradient. Nice capture.

The hues and tones are so subtle and suggestive of the early morning light they especially make this image for me, Doug. The comp is very satisfying, too - an image that grabs youe eye immediately.

Lovely ‘simple’ composition - which are the hardest to see and even more difficult to get right. I love the varied colors in the grasses up front, and honestly wouldn’t crop those out myself, if anything maybe a very minor trim to just where the bottom edge of your watermark currently sits at most.

I would actually like some background info on the image. Yes, I can comment on it, but I really appreciate knowing something about where and why you took this photo.
I like that lovely gradient of colors at the top of the image, and how that picks up the color of the flowers down in the image. Good job of controlling the lights and darks in this.

Thank you all! The shot was of the sand dunes & beach on Anna Maria Island, Florida. The pastel colors of the Gulf in the early a.m. hours…is so soft and pretty, and it’s normally a great time to walk on the beach, because there is no-one out. Of course, our beaches are all shut down here now temporarily…but it’s nice to anticipate getting back out there again.