Murcott's bench

Shot at Glenstone museum, Potomac Maryland.
Taken with intentional camera movement. Two pairs of people conversating on an early afternoon next to a pond.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback on icm techniques or in general welcomed. Thank you!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Shot with intentional camera movement
Iso 50, 200mm, F/8, 0.5ss
Edited in LRc. Healed upper right part of image, was a tree trunk that distracted.

@peterpainterly
2 Likes

For such an image the people are surprisingly clear, and you did well to get them separated from the trees. There is a wonderful up-down feel to this, and the colour tones are superb to my eye. At first I thought the white “puff of smoke” in the Left Centre was a distraction, but now I find it balances well with the couples. I really would love this on my wall - it brings instant peace!

1 Like

Thanks so much for your feedback, Mike! I felt the same way about the “white puff of smoke”. Thought about editing it out, but wanted to refrain from doing too much to the photo. I may consider printing this out one day :slight_smile:

I really love the feel of this image, Peter. The vertical structure is and tones give it a peaceful and uplifting mood. The people do come through surprisingly well, but to me they’re pretty incidental to the composition.

I do think it’s posted in the wrong forum. Human and Fauna is for captive or domesticated animals or wild animals in a clearly human setting. I’m going to move this to Landscape because I think it’s a better fit there.

1 Like

Love the colors. This would definitely look good on a living room wall.

1 Like

It took me a moment to spot them, but I love the people in this image. They add an extra touch that elevates this beyond most ICM images. The spacing of the trees is very well handled in this image, something that is not always easy to pre-visualize with ICM images. Great work on this one Peter.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feed back Dennis!
I wasn’t sure which section, but good to hear that it fits more to the landscape section.

Thanks for you kind words, Ed. I shot it while being out and wasn’t until I looked at it on the computer that I really liked how it all came together. Have been experimenting more with icm and it’s a lot of fun!

Thank you Igor! I think it would look great printed out, however I’m still learning a lot about post and also would have to familiarize myself with the print process. Would love to have this print.