My friend at the cabin

Just a fun post. This is one of my little buddies at the cabin. Every time I go out to fill the feeders, they come to me for peanuts which they prefer to sunflower seed. I have even had them follow me around until I come up with the peanuts.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: IPhone8

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice little fun image, Skip. You might consider burning down the bright background and clone out the branches near the bird’s head.

I am not a ‘birder’, so what kind is the little feller?
-P

I should have put the name on the picture. It’s a Mountain Chickadee.

Very cute, Skip, and one of the Chickadee clan that I haven’t photographed or even gotten a really good look at. Chickadees in general seem pretty casual with humans. It’s funny, but in the east the Black-capped Chickadees come to people and in my neck of the woods, it’s the Chestnut Backed and I never can get the Black Capped to come to me-close, but not quite there.

You’ll have to use your birding setup with a remote (or an assistant to do the feeding) and get a really good shot of this behavior.

1 Like

That’s interesting. I spent years in Southern Ohio and found the Carolina Chickadee the ones I couldn’t get close to. The black caps here in Colorado also get quite tame.

Very nice. Such human / bird contact is rare, and a feathered tribute to you. They are astute readers of character.
Looks like you could re shoot and have any background you wanted.
TY