Napping in the rain

This is a small flock of overwintering Tundra Swans on the east Cost of NC. I led a group of photographers to this location last weekend. With the rain moving in on Sunday the group decided to go home. I believe you have to show up to get an image. I want to show what the swans do when the rest of us go into our warm dry houses

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I wanted to show what the swans do when it’s not the best weather. I want your eyes to come back to the sleeping swan in the center of the lower 3rd of the seen

Technical Details

1/125 f5.6 ISO500 converted to BW with some LR adjustments, cropped to 16x9, and Topaz D noise

1 Like

An interesting image, Nelson. I like the idea of the black and white presentation as it fits a dreary, rainy day quite well. I think this might be more powerful if you cropped a bit off the bottom and added a touch to the top to give the in focus line of swans in the foreground a bit more immediacy . I also find that the two or three swans in the next cove that show in the upper right tend to pull my eye to that edge.

1 Like

Thank you. I had the same thoughts on cropping the bottom. I now see the swans in the top right. I did not see that earlier. Thank you veru much for your inputs

I think you caught the mood of the scene quite nicely. I guess I could also see a slight crop from the bottom

1 Like

Thank you for your input