Nature's Tiki Torch - B&W

Not sure if this meets the WC criteria this week if not please move to “Landscape Showcase”.

The reprocessing aspect is based upon recently reworking it as a B&W over the original transparency color version.
COLOR VERSION

Wista DXIII 4x5 - Schneider APO 210 - Velvia 50

I definitely like this, Paul. I might even take the higher values in the lit plants and boost them a bit to make them stand out from the darker background even more. This works very well in B&W.

1 Like

I like this as a B&W. I would boost the contrast in the rock, mostly by increasing the highlights and maybe some of the midtones.

1 Like

Paul, what an interesting comparison. The textures show very well in this (b&w) version but the torch comparison is harder to see. These two make for a fine example as to the importance that the processing can make in many images. I will vote for the color version largely because of the warmth of the light.

1 Like

I like them both. They each have their own qualities. I just can’t decide.

1 Like

While I like both versions, Paul, the B&W gets the nod. I do agree with Harley regarding boosting the higher values in the plants to set them off from the darker rock. Nice effort here.
_P

1 Like