Need questions for upcoming guest - Weihou Pan

Need questions for upcoming guest - Weihou Pan

Hi listeners! This Friday I will have a photographer from China on the show - Weihou Pan. A first for the show. What questions do you have for him? I am personally really curious about a lot of things relating to photography and china… here is his website: https://www.weihaopanphotography.com/

2 Likes

It looks like he shot a lot of his stuff on Marc Adamus Alaska and Patagonia workshops so I’d like to hear him describe the experience. Also what is the market like for photography in China?

I’ve been following his work for the past seven years now. I’m looking forward to learning more about him and his work.

I’ve been to China once and one of the things I remember very well is pollution, pollution, pollution. Everywhere. But then again, I’ve unfortunately not been to remote places like he has. I wonder if he notices problems in nature due to pollution, garbage, plastics, too many visitors (with the enormous amount of people living there) or anything else Nature First related.
Related: does China have their own social media / instagram, and how is that influencing things?

Good point about the workshops by @Richard_Wong! Looking foward to this one.

3 Likes

Hey Matt,

I’ve been enjoying some of the photography business conversations you’re having on the podcast recently. Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to contribute.

My questions would be relating to how difficult it is and if there is much of a market for prints in China. I’m not a lawyer but it appears that China has little acknowledgement of copyright and trademarks like western countries. Does this impact Chinese photographers businesses? For example if an image gains notoriety are there problems of people using that image without permission and without protection for the photographer?

Also, does the China market buy images from home or abroad? There seems to be a fast growing tourism market for Chinese travelling abroad and therefore a potential import market for photographers with images from those locations.

2 Likes

Hopefully not too late… Given the western perception (and assumed reality?) of restrictive government oversight in China, I’m curious if he has ever run into issues when out photographing landscapes. I assume not, and maybe it’s an ignorant question, but I really don’t know what different challenges photographers in China may face due to differing laws compared to what we have in the US.

2 Likes
Back
Forward