Nile Lily

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn:

Taken at a local flower farm with the background being other blooming flowers. Probably was posted several years ago on the old NPN site.
Canon 7D with 100-400 lens, F/5, 1/200 sec., ISO 200 at 105mm

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
3 Likes

Exquisite! Fine detail, beautiful colour combinations, and nice perspective.
Not sure about the black-ish areas in the lower third, (in the BG and along the stem) and the fading-to-almost-gone lower stem - a little incongruous with the perfection everywhere else.
The problem is you have set the standard so high with your images, even the smallest nit /deviation stands out! :woman_shrugging:
S

A classic beauty Patricia!!! What a great idea to allow reposts like this!! I suspect there are very few visitors to the old site now. .

A visual delight, Patricia ! The buds rise sharp and clear from the misty zone below - the whole image beautifully toned.

Stunning clarity and color !

This is stunning, great technique and great artistry!

Patricia: I think I remember this one and its ironic that I was outside just this morning shooting our just now blooming agapanthus. None quite as good as this though. Superbly crafted image. :+1::clap::+1::clap:>=))>

You have photographed this flower in a nice stage of its lifespan. Nice colours and background!
Grt, Ingrid.

Stunnnng - one that should be entered in contests, if you’re interested.
See my email please.
Sandy

Always loved your work Patricia…beautifully done.