"No time to say hello, goodby I late."

Image Description

As the title states this Merganser cruised by at a hight rate of speed,( Back River March 16, at 9:30 AM)
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

• Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I cloned out som dark muddy patches on the upper frame.

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm, f10, 700mm, +.7EV, 1/1600, I 2500, the shot was cropped by 50% into a 16/9 and I used a clarity brush on the Merganser and adjusted the highlights and shadows in DXO Photo Lab 6.

1 Like

Beautiful catch, Peter. I envy those with the reflexes to get these shots. I have a friend who does mostly ducks in flight and I’m utterly amazed.

Great catch – these guys are FAST! I love the streamlined silhouette.

Great shot. It would have been nice to capture more of their beautiful colors, but just to get this one makes me envious. We have them here on the river, but I have yet to get a good fly by shot.

I’ll echo the comments above. Usually by time I get the camera in position, the bird has flown by. Beautiful job here.

Hi Allen
Thank you for the comment. I had a pretty good lead time on this shot and still only managed to get two sharp photographs.
Peter