Northern Oregon Coast with Colleen Miniuk-Sperry/CMS Photography
May 8-12, 2019
Limited to 8 participants (co-ed)
Register now at http://cms-photo.com/Workshops/2019NorthernOregonCoast.html
Get a taste of some of northern Oregon’s most breathtaking views of seemingly never-ending sandy beachs, chiseled sea stacks, crashing waves, waterfalls, lighthouses, and more on this photographic extravaganza with Colleen.
We’ll be based in the quaint touristy village of Cannon Beach, where we can (and will) literally roll out of bed, and onto the world-renowned Cannon Beach with cameras in hand and sand between our toes. To continue putting our photography skills and learnings to good use, we’ll also take local jaunts to Ecola State Park and Hug Point, and make half-day road trips to places like Astoria, Fort Stevens State Park, Tillamook, and Cape Lookout for even more beach scenes, boats, lighthouses, and waterfalls. (And yes, we will stop at the Tillamook Cheese Factory for ice cream!)
Through a balance of field-based sessions, classroom presentations, and open discussions, attendees will learn how to:
- Incorporate the creative process into your photography to make unique and meaningful images
- Connect on a personal level with the Oregon Coast’s grand and intimate landscapes through mindful observations
- Tap into visualization and visual language/composition to create emotionally-driven photographs
- Leverage all types of natural light, including sunny, foggy, and cloudy conditions
- Technically translate what you know, see, and feel into an effective photograph using exposure controls, depth of field, filters, etc. We’ll place a special focus on techniques that allows you to slow water movement and balance exposures between land and sky–two of the biggest challenges when photographing the coast.
- Get immediate feedback on your work in the field and during two image critique sessions
In the learning-intensive, supportive, and small group setting characteristic to Colleen’s workshops, we’ll push ourselves to try new things photographically and creatively.
Best suited for mobile, sure-footed participants who are capable of hiking up to two-miles roundtrip on uneven, rocky terrain while carrying their gear. Spry individuals may wish to climb over rocks and trek through shallow freshwater streams along the coast, but will not be required to make great photographs.
- Four (4) nights lodging in an OCEAN VIEW/FRONT room at the Schooner Cove Inn in Cannon Beach (double-occupancy; limited single occupancy available upon request for an additional $600–please request early!)
- Photography instruction (classroom, field, and two critique sessions) plus handouts
- Oregon permits & park entrance fees
- Welcome dinner and drinks on the evening of May 8
- Pizza and s’mores during an evening around a beach bonfire
- Light continental-style breakfast snacks prior to sunrise shoots
- An invitation to join the closed "CMS Photography: Workshop Alumni Forum" Facebook group
- Airfare to Oregon (best airport to fly into is Portland-PDX)
- Transportation to/from/during the workshop–carpooling during the session will be encouraged!
- Participants’ breakfasts, lunches, and dinners on May 9-12
- Trip insurance
A $500/person non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a spot on this trip. The final balance is due on or before February 1, 2019. Reserve now by Adding to Cart and completing the registration information at http://cms-photo.com/Workshops/2019NorthernOregonCoast.html
Cancellation Policy :
All cancellations must be provided in writing. Cancellations made:
- > 90 days prior to the workshop start date: A full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee, will be granted
- 89-61 days prior to the workshop start date: A full refund, minus the full deposit paid will be granted
- < 60 days prior to the workshop start date: No refunds will be issued.
If the vacated spot happens to fill prior to the workshop at any time, then a full refund, including the balance paid and the deposit minus a $50 administrative fee, will be granted.
There are no exceptions to this policy. CMS Photography strongly encourages you to purchase trip insurance to protect yourself in the event of unexpected circumstances preventing you from attending our workshops.