Ode to Spring

Its going to snow again here so I am motivated! D850 w 60 mm lens at f32, various exposure times, light table,
I combined several different exposures from the light table, added a couple of textures and added a light leak. I also have included a third version with a little Topaz Impression!..

Any comments fair game. One questions - Is the light leak distracting? Comments include one without the light leak.

Kathy

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ā€˜igā€™ and leave your Instagram username below.

Here is a version without the light leak.

Wow, Kathy, this is way too cool. It almost looks like a painting. Ode to spring for sure! I am so ready for it. No snow in the forecast here. I was even able to get out and shoot some photos of bees today. I didnā€™t see the second one, maybe it loaded while I typed. They are both great, but I think the light leak one is my favorite.

1 Like

And I have yet another version involving Topaz Impressions.

Im lucky I donā€™t shoot the refrigerator with all this snow! (Iā€™m told that is an Alaska joke)

3 Likes

Kathy, wow. Very artistic and I really enjoy this. This last one is my favorite and the one with the light leak is my least favorite. @Jim_McGovern talks about ā€œhealingā€ image on the other thread. I would consider that this is quite healing, such a heartwarming image.

Oooh, beautiful! They all look fine to me, but perhaps the light-leak version takes this away from the conceptual nature of the photo.

1 Like

Thank you Adhika
This started as an exercise in learning to use my own textures and learning to ā€œpaint inā€ different exposures of the same scene. I have made no bones about the fact that I started in LR and my PS skills are , well, not quite up to par, lets say. Anyway, I really appreciate your opinion on the 3 of them and the ā€œhealingā€ properties of the more impressionistic one. I think I will print the third one today !

Thank you Bonnie. I was getting carried away, perhaps, with all the possibilities. Thats why I posted it, I wondered if the light leak was just a bit over the top.

I think you have done this successfully. I really appreciate this kind of images where you really bring an image to a different level like a painter. Thanks for sharing this, Kathy.

Kathy: One of the things I like most about this gallery is the divergent opinions from different viewers. For me I like all three but the light leak is a nice little complementary element that I like quite a bit. These are all superbly crafted images and a testament to your creative instincts. Many kudos to you.:+1: :clap: :+1: :clap:>=))>

1 Like

These are beautiful @Kathy_Snead! I will say that the light leak is my least favorite as well. Now, it may be my laptop, but I canā€™t see a difference b/w images 2 and 3. I agree with @Adhika_Lieā€¦this image is truly uplifting, bright, warm, and even optimistic with its colors and light!

1 Like