Old and new colors

These little guys (buckwheat?) were trying to put on their show beside centuries-old color. For NPN purposes, I am presuming that lichen is also a flora :slight_smile:

Lots of interesting elements in your image. Varying colors, textures and a variety of types of flora. Only suggestion would be to redo the composition so that it does not split evenly the lichen’s colors and the buckwheat plants.

Dick: Nice find and a fine capture. I can see a bunch of comps just with the lichen as well. Nicely seen. >=))>

Very nice color. However, I think you have two images here. One is the lichen and the other is the flower and they compete with one another. You might want to think about concentrating on the flower and using the rock to frame it.

I think the flowers are in the genus Heuchera (Alum Root) in the Saxifrage family ( Saxifragaceae)
Don

[quote=“Dick_Knudson, post:1, topic:16300”]
…These little guys (buckwheat?) were trying to put on their show beside centuries-old color. For NPN purposes, I am presuming that lichen is also a flora

I think you are right about the competition. I will try to crop most of the yellow bottom out and maybe toning that yellow down.

Here is one refinement. As pointed out, several comps possible here.
Thanks to @Bill_Fach @Patricia_Brundage @Don_Jacobson