Old friends talk

This image was made during one of mine quick “escape” during the Pandemic Peak.

A small group of birches was there also, talking to each other.

I, quietly, took they picture

Nikon D7100;
Tokina 11-16

7 Likes

This is truly a wonderful image. You have two sets of patterns in play that completely compliment one another while at the same time adding enormous depth. The first pattern is the light breaks in the canopy, which, on their own would make for a strong two dimensional abstract. But the second pattern, that of the tree trunks, takes this photograph to a whole other level by providing it with a tremendous sense of depth and expansiveness. Beautifully conceived and executed.

1 Like

Interesting abstract in that I feel as though I’m looking upwards or downwards. When looking upwards the White is the sky but when downwards they are small trails in the sand. Then there’s the biological story where life competes for light using every square inch available. A really wonderful image. I can see some cropping possibilities but they wouldn’t improve it.

What a beautiful different image this is. You must have an eye for it. No nits at all. nice work.

@joaoquintela this is simply a gorgeous image. This is one of the best uses of a bald white sky that I have seen in a nature image. White skies are usually either boring or a major distraction in landscape images. But in this shot you have turned that white sky into a very interesting pattern. Very nice bit of seeing and composition on your part. I think the processing is also very well done, with good shadow detail, and vibrant but realistic looking color. Thank you for sharing this with us, it is a great image.

2 Likes

This is absolutely wonderful image, Joao! The large version is particularly nice with all the textures and details of the forest canopy as it shows off it’s quiet beauty for us to see, only if we take the time to do it. No suggestions from me.

I absolutely love your image! Including the trunks in a 360 makes this unique and really draws me in.

Warm welcome to NPN João - recepção calorosa ! The birches clearly talked to you as well as to each other.
This is a wonderful introduction for us to your art. It is one of many beauties in your gallery. Please show us more as you create them.
I am swept away as are the others by all aspects of this.
I can offer the observation that the red on the nearest trunk is a bit eye-catching.

Beautiful image, Joao. What really sets this apart for me is the pattern of the sky seen through the trees. It strikes me as most unusual and captivating.

I really love this @joaoquintela! Especially the converging lines of the trees and the pattern created by the canopy/sky.

To be super critical and if I had to offer a suusgestion for improvement, It would be the slightly darker leaves in the upper right corner. Everything around them is lighter and as a result catches the eye slightly. You could try dodging them a bit, but honestly it’s no biggie

Really great work!!

Thank you all for your kind words.

This is a very beautiful and striking image. I like your composition and processing. Thank you for sharing this well crafted image.

Wonderful patterns in the canopy Joao. This is a very enjoyable image.