Orange Splash

To stick with the theme of plants growing on the walls of the Columbia River Gorge, here’s a poppy plant from 2016 that I never got around to posting.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Technical Details

NIKON D7100
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 12-24mm f/4 at 12mm (18mm equivalent)
1/180 sec. at f/16.0 and ISO 100

1 Like

The orange flowers against the dark cliffs works very well. Also, the shadows and highlights of the cliffs makes them come alive without competing with the main actor. Nothing to improve here.

The flowers literally light up against the beautifully-lit abstract-ish rocky backdrop. Contrast of colours, contrast of shapes, contrast of elements. The living and transient against the lifeless and more enduring: I can almost feel those poppies moving in the image! Very well seen and processed. Superb.

The light really shows the textures well, both in the flowers and the rock wall. Nature has arranged them so beautifully and they’re at their softest perfection. Like something you’d find elegantly presented in a beautiful bowl in a grand entranceway. They look like poppies or are in the poppy family. Really stunning.

Very cool shot, John. Portrait of a Poppy Plant. I like the dark rocks framing the plant. The colors are extra vibrant against that darker background. Excellent work on the processing too.

Thanks again!! As I posted in the previous, such wonderful work here at NPN and I’m humbled and appreciative.