Pac-Man

Lichens on a boulder. The largest cluster reminded me of the eponymous video arcade character. Pac-Man is considered one of the classics of the medium, virtually synonymous with video games, and an icon of 1980s popular culture.
John Day Fossil Beds NM, Oregon; Clarno unit

Technical Details

EF 28-70mm @ 70mm; f/16 @ 1/60 sec, ISO 800

3 Likes

Wonderful title, Bob. I am ashamed to admit that I was a Pac-Man champion in my younger days. Pretty much hate video games these days.

I love the image. Thanks for sharing. Will have to check out the Clarno unit more.

Thank you, David. The Clarno Unit is likely the least-visited of the three units that comprise the monument. One needs to search for subject matter there.

Super textures and colors. I love lichen walls. Or lichen boulders. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, Ms. Smith. This was from a field trip with a couple of my grandchildren—easy viewers to introduce to the natural world and its wonders.

Awesome title and image Bob! Not easy to spot these scenes in the field.

Thank you, Alfredo. Wandering around with children who need to stop occasionally, provides the time to look intently at the immediate surroundings. They were sitting on this rock.

I’m addicted to lichen covered rocks and boulders and this one is really good. Thanks for sharing this one.

Thank you, David for your kind remarks. I settle for attraction. Addiction is a condition I do not welcome into my life.