Painted Bunting

Hopefully, I will get some shots of this bird in more natural settings for critique, but I thought the avian photographers on NPN might want to see this guy. He just arrived yesterday from South America, and he will find a mate and breed here in Oklahoma (hopefully). If not the most beautiful of the Neotropical migrants, surely one of the most colorful. Usually easily attracted to feeders.

Technical Details

Composite: No

2 Likes

I hope you do, too. They don’t come this far north and I’ve never seen one IRL. Get out there! No pressure. :grinning:

Ha! The Painted Buntings, Indigo Buntings, and Baltimore Orioles have all arrived in the last few days, and the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds have been here more than a week. Migration is really starting to pick up. I can promise I’ll be spending most of my time out and about for some time to come!

Lucky you, Terry, to have these gorgeous birds traveling though. I’ve only seen a few here in the Texas hill country, but sure do enjoy seeing them. Thanks for posting this capture.

1 Like

Thanks, Linda. I hope he hangs around so I can get some better photos! My pleasure.