Peach blossom

In Italy, it is now a time when we are all confined home, in an effort to contrast the spread of COVID-19. Thus, time to celebrate spring (beginning today) with images taken in the garden. Here, a peach tree flower promising some fruits will be ready in some time…

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Digital camera, 100 APO-macro/2.8 with 1:1 extender, ISO 200, f9.5, 1/320, tripod.

1 Like

Your image gives a watercolor painting feeling with just a few of the tips in focus. Nice color blends in the background except for the touch of green on the right upper side. Lovely intimate view of the peach blossom. Do wish for a little more in focus but works as is.

Antonello: I love the color palette and comp and the shallow DOF works for me. I hope you’re OK and that Italy will recover soon. >=))>

Beautiful swirls of colour coming as if from the depths of the flower - a beautiful image, Antonello. Like Patricia, just a little more in focus might be nice but this is lovely as is,

And best wishes for good health - we in Britain have the problem spreading just now.

Antonello, this is such a beautiful color palette with great shades of colors, and nice lines and shapes, making this a very pleasing image. The shallow DOF works find for me. That is the nice thing about macro and flora, we can usually have shots right in our back yards. I am just waiting for one of our bushes that is starting to bloom so I can get out there and shoot photos of bees and the flowers. We are staying home and practicing social distancing in hopes we can keep this virus from spreading any worse. Stay safe, and wishing you the best there.

Antonello
Gorgeous soft photo. I just love this!

We here in Colorado are not ordered to quarantine but just about everything is closed and people are advised to stay home as much as possible. Taking on line photo courses here as one of the things to pass the time. Have seen the news coming out of Italy. Stay safe.

Best wishes to you in this difficult time
Kathy

Dear NPN friends, thanks for commenting and for your nice words! I am happy you liked this photo and yes, one of the joys of macro/flora is that we can find beautiful subjects and little natural dramas right around where we live.

And, in these times, the internet and great places such as NPN are of the utmost importance.

Take care and let’s carry on!

Antonello

1 Like

Beautiful image, Antonello! I love the DOF in it and the light BG suits it well. Yes, we have to make the best of this difficult time here in the Netherlands as well. Take care!

Antonello, the color palette here is lovely and certainly sings of spring. While the bits of green at the edge are an interesting change of color, I wonder how turning those into blue and white would look. The soft pink flowing line toward the lower right corner is a nice treat.

We’re all in trouble with Covid-19…

Thanks Ellen and Mark!
@Mark_Cillo, I see your point but I am not so good at… changing colors in the image and thus I preferred to simply cut the photo at 4:3. This gives a different image, without the green. Well, overall I think I like better the touch of green but it is a matter of taste (in fact, I looked for it when taking the picture…).
All the best,

Antonello,

Love the airy details and the colors, shades of pink to maroon… Just lovely.

If I had to make a suggestion, I would either crop or otherwise eliminate the yellow along the upper right edge. Not a deal breaker by any stretch, but a mild eye magnet. I think maybe a crop would do the trick.

Stay safe and healthy! Extraordinary times we’re in…

Lon

Very nicely handled. Has a beautiful flow of the eye from left to right with the luminosity change. I love the reaching of the little tendrils (probably not proper term) and the selective focus works well. And I love the pinks and whites together. Nice way to spend the time w/ the Covid-19 challenge. I personally think it’s helpful to search out the beauty…when much around is temporarily ugly. So kudos!

Thanks Lon and Doug!
@Lon: the repost has the right edge cropped…
Take care!
Anto

Yes this is springtime! The nature feel that the climate is changed, today I have seen poppy bloomed in a field (Rimini). Antonello, I like better the original version.