Penmon Point, Anglesey, North Wales

Hi everyone, new to the forum and first image post.

This was my take on a very well photographed location. I hoped to use the water breaking on the sprig of seaweed as a leading line up towards the lighthouse. Although the lighthouse was bathed in evening light I had hoped for more colour in the clouds.

I’m always reluctant to shoot well visited locations but I’m fairly happy how this turned out.

Exif data: shot on a Nikon D5300, tamron 10-24mm @16mm, f16, 1/4 second shutter and iso 200.

Many thanks
Chris

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.

Welcome to the forum Chris; this is a lovely first post. The diagonal line with the does an excellent job of directing me to the lighthouse and I really like that hint of reflection at it’s base. We always want more color:grinning:; but you should be happy with the result.

1 Like

Thanks Ed. We certainly do! Thanks for the reply.

Chris

A lovely scene. Most of the sky is empty and it would have been nice to have more drama in it.

1 Like

Agreed! Annoyingly, the clouds on the other side of the island lit up but the colour and drama didn’t find its way over to me.

Welcome to the Landscape forum Chris, and a wonderful first post as well. I guess we often hope for more but this works great just as it is. Nice work with the leading lines back to the lighthouse.

1 Like

Thanks Nick,much appreciated

Welcome to the forum. you’ve got a lot going here. Leading line, diagonal line, thirds. Nicely done.

1 Like