Pennypack Fog

Mother nature has bathed Philadelphia in some unusually warm weather this season. It was on one of those mornings that this shot was taken at a park just outside the city. It was one of the foggiest mornings I can remember, and it provided this minimalist image.

Nikon D810 with a Nikon 24-120 f/4 lens. Lee .90 ND grad filter. Manfrotto tripod with RRS ballhead. Nikon Capture NX2 software

In post-processing, even with good exposure and no blown highlights, I had to reduce the brightness 50% in order to reveal the detail shown here. This was due to the sheer density of the fog. This is highly unusual in my experience, but it held true for all shots taken that morning.

A very beautiful foggy scene, Marc. I love images like this.

Nice image, very well done.

This is really lovely. Golden browns in fog make a nice combo. I love the faint branch work visible in the upper part, through the fog. I bet this would make a gorgeous print.

Thank you everyone. This is a unique shot taken on a unique morning. This shot was taken some distance away. I wanted to get closer, but this area was designated off limits as a natural area. I respected park protocol, and I relied on my zoom lens and high resolution D810 for heavy cropping in post.