Picked Flower

Description: My husband brought me this cute flower home the other day. The flowers are only about a half inch, and the whole stem and everything is probably 4 inches tall, really little. I was inspired by some of the studio flower photos that have been posted, so I thought I’d give it a try.

Specific Feedback Requested: Anything and if anyone knows what kind of flower this is….

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D3400, 27mm, 1/50, f/20, ISO 1600, shot with the back of a laptop computer for the background, did some minor adjustments in Lightroom and had to heal all the little white dots from the texture of the computer

Is this a composite?No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Nice attempt, Vanessa. I like the overall composition. Afraid I have no clue what kind of flower it is. I hate to keep harping on this, but a tripod would have really helped out here. At the very least a stable surface. The high ISO is obvious, but I like that you’re branching out and trying new things. It’s always fun to do. Oh husband sounds like a keeper - bringing you flowers!

1 Like

I totally see what you mean @_Kris about the noise, I had taken some with a flash, but it kept producing a shadow, and the ones that came out didn’t have both of the buds…thanks for looking and your feedback! Yeah, he’s really sweet! :slight_smile:

@Vanessa_Hill The plant is a bindweed. It’s in the same family of morning glories.

It doesn’t look like Convolvulus arvensis (Field Bindweed) found in eastern NA. You’re on the west coast and there are a lot of species there and only there.

This is one of those plants that lives a double life. When you do an internet search the results are highlighted with INVASIVE!!!, and here’s how to rid your land of this dastardly, evil, noxious organism with the most potent potions on earth.

And above, are ads for the same plant, with glowing photos and descriptions of how easy it is to grow, has a heavenly fragrance, and it will increase your property value by 172.5%.

Namaste

1 Like