Plitvice National Park, Croatia

This spring I had the chance to lead a photography tour in Croatia and Slovenia. One of the places that I fell in love with was Plitvice Lakes National Park. Not only did it have hundreds of incredible waterfalls but the turquoise water was enchanting. There were boardwalks to protect the landscape allowing this delicate area to be enjoyed without everyone stepping all over the vegetation and destroying it. That was something I wish I would see more of in the United States.

Plitvice was a place that I’d love to spend more time enjoying. It is pretty crowded during the main part of the day but if you get out there early or late, it really quiets down. I’m looking forward to heading back there in autumn 2019 as I lead another photo tour over there.

2 Likes

FYI I moved your post out of People and Places to Landscapes instead. The strict rules of not having a human element in the photo are gone now. As long as the human element is not the main subject, it now belongs in Landscape. I did add a tag of ‘type_human-element’ to help categorize as well.

Gotch ya! I was searching for Man and Nature and couldn’t find it. Now I know. I have a feeling you’re going to be doing a lot of teaching once this launches to help us all relearn things.

One other thing. I did notice that under “Tags” that it says you can add new tags but it won’t let you.

Erik