Polychrome Pass

RRF_150901_0446

A Brown Bear walks in the brightly colored autumn tundra near Polychrome pass, below the Alaska Range, in Denali National Park, Alaska.

EF 28-70mm @ 55mm; f/11 @ 1/60 sec, ISO 100; 2 captures stitched

2 Likes

Gorgeous blue sky against the frozen mountain and the orange field Bob. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Linda: I was blessed to be there after an early Fall snow storm had closed the road. A couple of days later the skies were cleared and the road was reopened.

1 Like

Very nice! Once of those pictures that you need to see really large on a wall so you can see the bear even more and soak up the vista. Lovely color palette and a lucky day to have it clear and with that cool cloud formation.

Thank you, Brenda. At native resolution the image will be 2’ x 8’ and I can enlarge it even more. The bear is very obvious even at native size. It had snowed a few days earlier and this was the first day that the Park Road was open. Most visitors will never see this area under these conditions. Clouds generally obscure the Alaska Range and the colors will be subdued, at best.

Beautiful capture Bob. Terrific conditions and colors. It took me a moment to find the bear. :slight_smile:

Thank you, David, Amazing how such an immense creature can hide in plain sight. I only mentioned the bear’s presence in the description because I believe almost no one would find it otherwise.