Pops

My old male Gray Fox, whom I called ‘Pops’ has been around for the last three years, or so. He is easily identifiable, as he has lost part of his right ear - probably to a Red Fox who is new to the area. Pops has also now been replaced by a younger Gray Fox, so I may never see him again. He liked to come up on this rock and eat seed I threw out for the ground feeding birds. He would sniff through it and pick out only the pieces he liked.

I removed a couple of small branches sticking up behind him, and cloned some leaves from the upper left edge.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM zoom, f/5.6, 1/500 sec., ISO 1000, Hand Held. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure, color, and sharpness. Ran Topaz De-noise, though the image wasn’t very noisy out of the camera, or after editing.

1 Like

He’s gorgeous. One day I hope to see grays. So far just reds. Nice light here and details are lovely and sharp in the fur.

1 Like

Thanks, Kris. I had never seen a gray until I built this house here. It was unusual to see reds until a pair recently moved in to stay.

Nice looking. I like this perch on the rock with a decent distance to the background. As Kris said, he’s nice and sharp. He looks oversharpened to me but maybe it’s my small monitor. We’ll see if anyone else thinks so.

1 Like

I like that grin, cool frame and nice rock.
You may reduce the sharpness and contrast a touch.

1 Like