Predator

Should we say that the red mites on this green lynx are the real predators.

6D2. Tamron 280 @f 11, Additional lighting

Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback Requested

any feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Some tripods stand out in the crowd :wink:

1 Like

Oooh purty. Both the spider and the 'pod. What patience you had to wait for this beauty to stretch so artistically. Love the lighting and the web. Aren’t the mites also in the arachnid class? I’ve found them on any number of insects, but never on a spider. Great find and shot.

Balan, I love the position you caught this guy in, and the mites are an addition (although the spider may not be so happy about it). We have these green lynx here too, but I don’t think I have ever seen mites on them, and I sure haven’t caught one doing his exercises (that’s what it reminds me of) on a vine. Great find and capture.

Stunning, Balan. The composition, colors and details are outstanding. I also, have never seen red mites, ours are a milky white variety, these are fascinating. Great capture.

Balan, outstanding catch on the perfect perch. You have a great dark BG - I’d be very interested to know what additional lighting you used. Bravo!

Balan: Just spectacular. Love all the color and the details. A marvelous find and a superb capture. >=))>

Mike .,.thanks for your words. Besides the flash and diffuser from the front, i had a LED bottom behind at an angle as the back light …the LED was of low intensity.

Balan Vinod

1 Like

Hi Balan,

A very unique and colorful composition. I have no nits for you and am enjoying this shot as presented…Jim