Progression

Most flowers are appealing, but I am always looking for those that have more to say than just “Look at me!” How the eye gets to the main subject is as important as the subject itself. A static “pose” can be as dull as a straight on rigid human portrait with an expressionless face.
Having brought this Snow Drop stem inside away from the blustery wind, I played around with various “poses”, but liked this one the best, especially the progression of bud/flower stages and the subtle lean and arc to the right.

Specific Feedback Requested

I know that flower pictures can be very cliche’, unless you “see” more than just a flower. I’m curious what you see.

Technical Details

A 63 image focus stack! Helicon Focus ROCKS!

1 Like

The progression is quite clear here, Rick. I also like the black background as an isolation feature. And yes, Helicon Focus ROCKS! :slightly_smiling_face:

Lovely subject!! The lighting is very nice, as is the composition, and the detail is fantastic! I might play with darkening the buds a little, maybe just the Highlights.

I really like the “progression”. I am just starting to take floral pics . and struggling to not just show another flower. The black background really makes the flower stand out. Staking will be a new adventure. Thanks. A great learning experience for me.