Pumas of Patagonia Tour, May 4 - 11, 2019: $500 Off for NPN Members

Pumas of Patagonia Tour, May 4 - 11, 2019: $500 Off for NPN Members

Through the end of December I am offering $250 off my May Patagonia tour. I’m adding an additional $250 off for NPN members that book a spot, for a total savings of $500.

This tour will take us to the best spot in the world to photograph wild pumas, sometimes at close range. The tour is split between Torres del Paine National Park and the neighboring private ranch (where we have a permit to explore freely on foot). Our expert scouts will be out in the field all day searching for big cats, which helps improve our chances of finding pumas. The past two trips we’ve had a very high success rate, seeing all manner of pumas, from big males to females with young cubs. The cats are NOT baited. We seek them out in their natural habitat, which is also home to a high density of guanacos, their favorite prey animal.

In addition to pumas, we will take time to photograph other wildlife: guanaco, culpeo (a canid species that looks like a cross between a coyote and a red fox), gray fox, armadillo, skunk, rhea, Andean condor, owls, and much more. And of course, Torres del Paine happens to be a popular destination for landscape photography, so we’ll take a little time to shoot the dramatic and colorful fall scenery when the opportunity arises.

This is a fantastic trip for big cat photography, but you have to work for it. Participants must be in reasonable shape, in order to potentially carry their gear a couple miles on foot to our next cat sighting. The terrain in this area is largely covered by rolling hills. There may be the occasional short steep climb, but the walks are typically anything but “technical.” Also, this is not a high elevation area (maybe 3000 feet on average), so altitude should not be a problem for most people.

I’m offering the exclusive $500 NPN tour discount through the end of the year.

Learn more about the tour here.

Max

Here’s a short video I put together with some footage from the last couple trips:

Max

Back
Forward