Quiet Stream

Late last month I made a trip back into Governor Dodge State Park which is only about 15 miles from my home. We had had rain and I was wondering what this quiet stream might look like. The waterfall above the stream had quite a bit of water flowing but also a lot of clutter from fallen tree branches, so I moved downstream a bit and found this scene which I quite liked. It was great being back out and getting some shooting in.
Canon 5DMK4, Tamron 35-150 F2.8 -4 @ 35, ISO 50, F/16, 0.6 sec. cpl.

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

1 Like

Lovely photo Nick. It’s quite picturesque. Certainly a place I’d want to visit again and again. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks Linda! I quite enjoy this location and will be going back soon. I appreciate your comment. Nick

Nicely done, Nick Bristol.

1 Like

Igor, Thank you and much appreciated. Nick

Very pretty scene…I like the water patterns a lot!

A beautiful shot Nick - it really captures the gentle water flow well along with the serene coloring of the surroundings.

Beautiful way to introduce us to this fine place. The stream and right side vegetation are luciously portrayed.

Jim, Thank You! I liked the patterns as well. I originally thought the shutter speed might be a bit to long but it seemed to work out ok.

Thanks Dan. Much appreciated!

Dick, Thank you. Pleased you enjoyed it.

Nick, this seems indeed to be a quiet place to me. I enjoy the lush greens framing the gentle flow of the creek.

Peter

1 Like

Hi Peter, Thank you! Much appreciated.