R&B (Rufous and Bee) & Extra

Yes, the feeder is cloned away. And the Bee was enjoying the fresh nectar in the feeder. Wish the buzzing critter was a little sharper. I like this pose with splayed tail.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-1250, 100-400 and 400 mm and in APC mode, F8, 1600th, A7r4, 13% of full 61 megapixel frame or eight megapixel image.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Hi David,

This is a pretty cool image. I wish the bee was as sharp as the hummingbird. But getting two creatures to pose in the plane of focus is beyond our abilities. Nevertheless, awesome photo…Jim

Very cool, David. I haven’t gotten any hummer images this year for some reason. Probably because I just haven’t set out to do it. Pretty soon the garden plants that attract them should be hitting their prime. My Columbine is getting attention already. Great wing position and tail flare.

Here is a composite taken during the same shoot…

1 Like

Very nice hummingbird photo, David! Clarity and exposure on the bird is excellent where it needs to be and the bee is a nice bonus even if it isn’t fully in focus and a bit noisy. The two in the same frame makes for a more interesting shot than just the bird. Nice job with the composite also!

Nice job on the detail on hummer. Nothing looks over done and still lots of detail showing.An especially nice pose on first one on hummer but the second photo works also. If second is a composite I wonder if you could move bee down so it would be a bit below line of beak?