Red Granite Georgian Bay

I liked the way the red popped out at sunset and the layers of rock.

Specific Feedback Requested

I tried to capture repeating arcs of rock, and to zoom in to make the tree weave through. But I may have not quite succeeded. A little more saturation may help too…all feedback welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Fuji 55-200 at f8.0 1/125 sec ISO 320

I like the idea in this image. There are several interesting components to this image but they don’t hold together really well. And that makes the image seem busy. The shadow in the bottom right hiding the bush and the bright sky in the top left are two examples. I would also cool the image just a very slight amount. That might make the reds in the wall pop out more.

Thanks I cropped and played w temp. It did help. I had seen those distractions when taking the picture but throught they added context. Now I think a tighter crop is nicer. I think I could have played w camera position a bit more . Thanks again for the tip!

Charles, I agree with the advice to dial the red back a bit by adding cyan. This not only makes the reds in the wall pop out more, but I think it also improves the look of the greens. Sometimes intense sunset light can be too much of a good thing, and I think a slight cooling helps here.

My other suggestion would be be to remove the sky patches in the upper left corner by cloning, or maybe cropping them away. Cloning might be better because it retains more of the tree.

Thanks Ed - still playing with this one so will post the “final” some day. Appreciate the feedback.