Red Tail Post & Repost

SW WA

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

is the plant material distracting or does it add to the environment?

Any pertinent technical details:

iso 250, 200-500 at 480, f8, 640th, handheld, D500, ACR, Topaz AI Clear, Topaz adjust, TK sharpening at 5%

He seems to be keeping his feet warm. Nice pose and clean background. The lighting somehow makes his left eye look weird. Personally, I would get rid of the vegetation on the left

Eye fix

Very nice, David. I’ve been meaning to process one of these post perch images, but haven’t gotten there yet. Great pose and I do like the way the feathers come down over the feet. What did you do to fix the eye? I like the result.

Thanks for posting in the Human and Fauna Forum.

Love the fluffy pantaloons, the intent stare, and the two-tone BG. I think the teasel adds a lot of interest.
well-done!
Sandy

I copied the right eye, flipped it horizontal,moved the catchlight, and darkened it a tad to more closely match the left eye shadowing.

1 Like

Clever. The moved catchlight fooled me.

Brilliantly done with the eye - couldn’t even tell, but it was on my phone. Nonetheless, I like the outcome. On the vegetation to the left of the post, I think it’s more of a distraction and wouldn’t be missed or overly alter the scene. Well done and thanks for sharing.

The important thing is to pay attention to detail…