"Requiem" 2021

Nothing crazy as this lake didn’t have many spots where you could see the mountains in a way that the rest of the scene balanced out. I’ll admit that if anyone else were to walk up to this lake they would most likely create the same scene (ok maybe not quite since I had to climb up on top of the roots of a large fallen pine tree in order to get a high enough perspective for the trees on the right to not be too much taller than the mountains. Not the easiest spot to set up a tripod and shoot for a couple of hours.), so it’s not very original except for the snowy atmospheric conditions and beautiful dappled light, which were both out of my control so I can’t take credit for them. However, this is a place that very few photographers will ever find so this image my feel original for quite some time due to the novel subject matter. I just liked how it felt like a classic landscape scene and it was also a very serene and memorable experience for me to camp here on this chilly, quiet evening just before winter set in.

Technical Details

12 Likes

Eric,

Nothing wrong with a “classic” landscape photo! It is a beautiful scene and I’m envious you got to spend hours basking in natures glory. I appreciate you mentioning the scramble on top of roots to get the right angle. Those simple steps (maybe not technically simple) can make all the difference!

1 Like

Eric,

Gorgeous mountain landscape. This has it all - from the snow-dusted ragged peaks dressed in foggy mist, to the rippled reflection and even the snowy pines.

I’d say metalic print for sure.

Lon

1 Like

Super shot. Alberta?

1 Like

Thanks Dave! While it definitely has that look, no. This is in the Southwest.

Just gorgeous, Eric. Thanks for sharing.